Warranty Statement – McGrath Locks PTY LTD
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably
foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. McGrath locks Pty Ltd (ABN 84
617 577 876) trading as McGrath Locks provides the following warranty in relation to its McGrath Locks branded products. The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting, or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and
services which cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified.
McGrath Locks warrants that, subject to the conditions, exclusions, and limitations below, the Products will be free from defects for the following warranty periods.
- Electronic products – 24 Months
- All products to have 12 months on all external housing
- 24 months on PCB boards and all electrical components
- Fingerprint reader out of all-weather 6 months (like inside a building)
- No warranty if fingerprint is in weather at all
- No warranty if damaged the electronic product has been pulled apart or modified
- If a defect covered by warranty appears before the end of the Warranty Period, then McGrath Locks will, in its sole discretion, either:
1. eplaces or repair the Product or the defective part of the product free of charge; or
2. refund the price of the Product; or
3. re-supply the defective labour and workmanship; or
4. refund the price of the labour and workmanship.
- McGrath locks reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Product with parts and components of similar quality, grade, and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
- Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Products.
- Any claim for warranty must be made, by contacting McGrath Lock at the address listed above, at the earliest stage that the defect becomes obvious to enable prompt action and to avoid further damage and must be made no later than 1 month from the defect/date of repair becoming obvious
- Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Products
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by appropriate documentation which stipulates the date of the installation, the invoice number, the purchaser’s name and address, and the alleged defect
- The purchaser must make the Product or workmanship available to McGrath Locks for inspection and testing. If McGrath Locks finds no fault in the Product or its workmanship, then the purchaser must pay McGrath Locks usual costs of service work, inspection, and testing
- Warranty work will be conducted by McGrath Locks during normal working hours (8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
- The purchaser acknowledges that the Products are not indestructible, and that some care in installation and maintenance is necessary. No liability is accepted for, and this warranty does not apply to:
1. any damage caused by misuse or failure to adhere to the manufacturer’s selection and installation specifications, instructions, or recommendations.
2. fair wear and tear.
3. defects arising due to the installation of the Products where the Products were not installed by McGrath Locks or its agents.
4. any damage or defects caused to the structures the Products are installed in, where the Products were not installed by McGrath Locks or its agents.
5. damage caused by circumstances beyond McGrath Locks control.
6. any damage or defects within acceptable industry variances.
7. Products that have been used other than for the purpose for which they were designed.
8. damage caused by exposure to abnormal conditions, including but not limited to environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar.
9. defects that arise due to abuse, misuse, or neglect.
10. Products that have been modified, built on or repaired.
11. Products that have not been maintained as recommended by McGrath Locks.
12. maintenance items (which are the responsibility of the purchaser).
13. Products installed, maintained, or operated other than in accordance with McGrath Locks instructions; and
14. overhaul, replacement, or repair works undertaken prior to approval from McGrath Locks of any warranty claim.
- Some of the materials and components used in the manufacture of the Product are not manufactured by McGrath Locks and are not covered by this warranty (“supplied components”). Instead, they are separately warranted by their individual manufacturer’s warranty. McGrath Locks will use its best reasonable endeavours to pass on to the purchaser the benefit of any third-party manufacturers’ warranties. The length of warranty periods provided for the supplied components and their terms may vary depending on the item
- McGrath Locks makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty
- McGrath Locks reserves the right to alter product specifications and introduce improvements at any time
- Product must be unused and in original packaging undamaged
- 20% restocking fee if the product returned